- Ujjivan bank showed strong AUM, PBT and NII growth YoY in 3QFY20.
- As the bank was cautious in Micro Finance Institution (MFI) business, disbursement growth saw sequential decline but good traction was witnessed in affordable housing segment.
- Operating costs continue to rise on back of branch scale up & IPO expenses.
- Asset quality remained stable however higher credit cost due to write off led to sequential decline in PBT.
- Scale up of liabilities; high cost structure and unseasoned non-MFI book also remain the key areas to watch out for.
- Valuations of 2.3x on FY22e book does build in some degree of success in non-MFI businesses. Business might take some time to take off.
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.