- Zee Entertainment’s revenue declined 6% YoY in Q3 as ad revenues declined 16% YoY. Adjusted PAT declined 26% YoY.
- Dish TV and Siti TV form 31% of total receivables which the management is confident of receiving over the next 12-24 months.
- TRAI has imposed cap on channel prices under bouquet offerings. This could lead to loss of subscription revenue for Zee.
- Zee’s all-India viewership stood at 18.3%. Zee TV has lost share in the prime-time weekend slot but has maintained its share during the weekday.
- Markets like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and West Bengal have witnessed high subscription growth and has leadership in many regional languages.
- Due to losses in the Middle East/UK, Zee will shut its broadcasting business in these markets by FY21. Business is performing well in APAC region.
- Zee faces headwinds in the near future. It is trading at an cheap valuation with P/E of 17x vs industry P/E of 24x.
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.