- CEAT’s 3QFY20 posted good operating performance as it benefitted from lower rubber prices. However, Overheads and depreciation of new Truck and Bus Radial (TBR) plant resulted in flat profit growth.
- Revenues and volume growth remained mostly flat across all segments while OEM volumes declined 8% YoY.
- Despite capex of ~INR2.7b in 3QFY20, consolidated gross debt increased just ~INR0.5b QoQ to INR18.9b, supported by reduction in working capital.
- New Passenger Car Radial (PCR) capacity will ease capacity constraints and drive faster growth in FY21. Benefits of TBR plant capacities will be seen in P&L only in 2HFY21.
- Valuations at 14.2x FY21 consolidated EPS seem low as it does not properly capture the benefit of substantial capacity addition.
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.