- Coromandel International is engaged in the business of farm inputs comprising of fertiliser, crop protection, specialty nutrients and organic compost.
- In 3QFY20, manufactured fertilizer segment margins grew 30% YoY to Rs.4K/tn as it continues to benefit from backward integration
- The company has a favourable oulook on account of
• Start of irrigation projects in core operating areas will help in medium term
• Favourable Rabi and high reservoir levels will help keep growth momentum
• Margin stability due to backward integration
• Changes in regulatory landscape can shift the balance in favour of complex manufacturers like Coromandel in the long term
- Crop protection performance was slow in 3Q at just 3% YoY growth
- 5 product launches in FY20 and 2 more in Kharif season would help fuel growth
- Valuations are at 17x PE multiple and are expected to remain similar going forward
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.