- Cigarette EBIT (85% of EBIT) grew at a 9-quarter low rate of 5.6%. Cigarette volume grew 2.5%
- In 3QFY20, revenues grew 5% YoY while PAT grew 33% YoY due to low tax rate
- Revenues of Agri Business, Paper & Packaging and Hotels grew 8.8%, 0.8% and 22.2%, respectively.
- Performance in 3Q reflects overall weak demand especially in rural markets and the increasing salience of illicit trade, especially at the premium end
- ITC’s market share in capsule is 55% (80% for cigarettes) and is now manufacturing 80% of capsules in-house instead of imports, thus saving costs
- weak earnings outlook of 5.5% EPS CAGR over the next two years has resulted in a sharp decline in multiples but it still trades at a premium compared to its peers
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.