- Castrol is the manufacturer, distributor and marketer of premium lubricating oils, greases and related services
- Total volumes for CY19 were 4% lower YoY to 204m litres, while realization was 4% higher YoY to Rs.190/litre (highest ever).
- The improvement in realization and gross margin for full-year CY19 was aided by improved product mix and robust cost control, led by process efficiencies and debottlenecking in 3QCY19.
- Personal mobility (+6% YoY) remains a key driver while the commercial vehicle and industrial segments showed negative growth.
- The company entered into strategic partnerships with Ford India, Honda two-wheelers, Jawa Motorcycles and Renault India
- CSTRL has announced various BS-VI products across categories, which will be at a premium for improved quality and will be usable for BS-lV engine
- The stock trades at 17.0x CY20 EPS of Rs.8.7 vs 20x for global peers
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.