• ICICI Bank reported its highest-ever quarterly profits in 3QFY20. Loan growth in chosen business segments (Retail, Business Banking & SME) remained buoyant, while deposits growth moderated in the quarter.
• PAT increased 158% YoY , led by strong NII and lower provisions. NII was up 24% YoY led by ~13% YoY loan growth and 13bp QoQ margin expansion.
• Deposit growth however moderated to 18% YoY, though the current account saving account (CASA) mix improved to 47% from 46.7% in 2QFY20.
• Fresh slippages increased to INR43.6b, led by a broking and south-based industrial group, resulting in corporate slippages of INR24.7b. Retail slippages stood at INR18.9b.
• Credit trends in the retail portfolio are stable, while it is witnessing some deterioration in the Kisaan credit card and commercial vehicle portfolio.
Disclaimer: The above report is compiled from information available on public platforms. inChat team advises users to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Found this insight useful?
Please share with your friends and family as well. You can also subscribe to one of our channels listed at the bottom of this page.